You might have seen stray cats in Jakarta. Most of them look skinny and unhealthy. Sick cats get more unfortunate as people avoid them and will do anything to get rid of them.
There are five ways to help them. Even a little help will change their world.
- Take sick cats to the nearest animal clinic or veterinarian. Help them get better, get them fixed, and give them an ear tip. Return them to where you find them once they recover.
- If they were found in a dangerous area, adopt them. You can foster them until you find an adopter for them.
- If you see healthy and unfixed stray cats, help by getting them fixed. Don’t forget to give them an ear tip. Release them back once they recover.
- Bring cat food in a small container everywhere you go. However, if you feed a cat colony regularly, you MUST fix them. Street feeding without sterilization will cause cats to breed faster.
- Donate to a cause that helps street cats. Your contribution means a lot to them!