Before you take your furry kids home, there are a few things you need to know and prepare. Below is the short summary for you getting ready for adoption.
- Cage, required in the transition period and for toilet training
- Pet Cargo, to carry your furry kid home and to the vet
- Food and water bowl, stainless steel bowls are recommended
- Litter box, natural litter, and scoop
- Scratching post (if necessary)
- Cat bed
- Cat toys
- Dry food and wet food, super-premium or premium cat food that meets their life stage (kitten, adult, senior, or special needs) is recommended to keep them healthy and in good shape
- Vitamins and suplements
- Vaccination, starting at 2 months old (F3 and F4 +Rabies in a month time), then repeated every year
- Worming, every 3-4 months
- Flea and tick control, every 3-4 months
- Grooming, required for long hair breed and semi-indoor cats
We hope you are now prepared with the basic necessity before you take your adopted furry kids home. It also helps if you want to rescue a cat.
Summarised and translated based on: https://catrescue.id/persiapan-mengadopsi-kucing/